The CVLR gets it's new home (WIP railway & stock)

A place for the discussion of garden railways and any garden style/scale portable and/or indoor layouts
James-Buzz
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by James-Buzz » Thu May 19, 2011 10:15 pm

DVT Dweller:53726 wrote:My turn.

Spot the odd one out
Why is Greg sat on Matt's lap ???? :shock: :lol: :lol:
James of Dunstable.

Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:18 pm

DVT Dweller:53726 wrote:My turn.

Spot the odd one out
The Green caradoc, the only one I haven;t seen before
:lol:
Thanks
Jack

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu May 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Looks like I'm the last one :oops: I've limited my selection from the photo's I took to try and avoid "repetition" of the above excellent photo's.

One of the "Scenes On Shed" during the day.

Dappled Sunlight.

An unusually quiet moment at Chyknel

Fowler on freight passes the "Whistling Edrig"

A view across Porthcadno

Two Forum Personalities on the CVLR!

Trent Industrial Tramway Society members made the trip

With some of the TITS taking liberties to get "The Shot"

They were rewarded, as Ffion Bach storms the gradient

and later, Cader idris hauls the W&LLR coach which brought other TITS to the open day!

Matt gets "down 'n' dirty" to get the shot.....

Then had a sleep on the lawn!

while Shane spent the afternoon with a sponge, muttering something about "dirty steam engines"..................

Finally, Steve's last photo gave an impression of the size of the line, how about the gradient?

Once again, many thanks to our host Pendo Pilot, and also to Sir Haydn my co-pilot (in the van and on the double header), Hussra and DVT Dweller. - A veritable ForumFest ;)

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu May 19, 2011 11:02 pm

The Green caradoc, the only one I haven;t seen before
Oh yes you have! ;)

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Thu May 19, 2011 11:26 pm

:shock: WOW! That's a LOT of steam locos! Looks like you all had a fantastic time, if it was 5 hours closer I would have definately come along. Lovely weather too, ideal!

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri May 20, 2011 12:46 am

Had to get this done tonight since we're off to Newton Abbott early tomorrow, then on to "somewhere in Essex" saturday :roll:

A couple of trips around the CVLR with no video effects or "mood music", just the sights and sounds from the railway with "Ffion Bach" in charge - enjoy! ;)

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3JO84bd7ftw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3JO84bd7ftw?fs ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri May 20, 2011 1:07 am

Cracking video Greg, lovely to see my line with someone else driving. Love the pics as well, mind if I borrow some for my video?
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri May 20, 2011 9:36 am

Of course you can - fill yer bucket! ;)

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Fri May 20, 2011 9:55 am

Looks like excellent fun! rivals the cornish forum fest held a few weeks ago at petes!
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

hussra
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by hussra » Fri May 20, 2011 10:05 am

Narrow Minded:53732 wrote:while Shane spent the afternoon with a sponge, muttering something about "dirty steam engines"..................
Perhaps a paraffin dribbler tank wagon might be a helpful addition to the home fleet?

Thanks again to everyone there - a great day out. Lessons learned for my own line and stock:
  • The Big Big tipper couplings are not terribly satisfactory.
  • There is never enough siding space, even when there patently is.
  • At any place where a manual loco will require regulator adjustment, make sure there is very easy access to the lineside.
  • Consider point indicators in hard-to-see locations.
Richard Huss
in sunny Solihull

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Fri May 20, 2011 10:27 am

Consider point indicators in hard-to-see locations.
Richard, I don't know what you mean! - It was only a little shunt - some of the stock stayed on the rails, and I'm sure I can fix that front buffer beam easily enough!
And anyway, Matt was driving the lead loco of the pair on our train, and it was Shane in charge of the oncoming passenger train! :roll:

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri May 20, 2011 10:56 am

Greg it was lucky my sprung buffers took some of the shock... :D :D

Richard, yes I think the tippers may need some tweaking, although the fun of watching you scratching your head as only part of your consist returned was funny. Actually have made a parrifin dribbler wagon, it was dumped in the yard in the dirt at Chyknell as I have not got any wicks for the tubes. In its current format it just empties itself in about 20 seconds flat. ;)
Route indicator for that point by the tunnel at chyknell has been planned for a while. Even been bidding on a real signalbox normal & reverse bakalite instruments for it. Sadly always outbid so far. Will see what happens, still need to decide how I am going to the signalling there anyway.
Tommy Dodd may have an ARS key but I have a TASS button & a Rope Ladder, just like pirates, except the TASS button bit.

spooner
Fireman
Fireman

Post by spooner » Fri May 20, 2011 4:50 pm

It look like a good time was had by all.

bungle80a
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by bungle80a » Fri May 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Just caught up on this thread. Remember the earlier posts but not been about much!! Amazing the difference from the pre-construction shots!! The railway is looking awesome!! Looks like you had a fantastic OUOD! Such a vast array of stock and motive power!!!
Bungle80a

"Who has stolen the 3 link coupling off the end of my train?!?!

.....[a few minutes pass hunting down replacements].....

"So, which comedian has uncoupled my entire train?!?!"

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Fri May 20, 2011 7:33 pm

It was a great day, seems really quiet out there today..... :roll:

Anyway here's the video, due to sunlight I could not get a setting on the camera that it seemed to like so looks a little washed out.... I will just claim it's old film look!! :D

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/etUfhn5WQP8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/etUfhn5WQP8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

LMS-Jools
Driver
Driver

Post by LMS-Jools » Fri May 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Most Enjoyable Ta. :D

Mrs F Controller
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Mrs F Controller » Fri May 20, 2011 9:57 pm

Great little video looked like you had a nice day. 8)

DVT Dweller
Fireman
Fireman

Post by DVT Dweller » Sat May 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Some fantastic videos there guys and great pictures too. Shane Ive been told off for doing it to Greg and Zach before now so finger wagging time is V not PH :lol: .

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sat May 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Ahhhhh Pi$$, sorry mate. I should of known from facebook as well... Must of been having a numpty moment. :roll: ;)

Pendo Pilot
Driver
Driver

Post by Pendo Pilot » Sat May 21, 2011 10:33 pm

The day after OUOD & I ran a few trains....Also tried something new for me. Phone in the brakevan style.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgUYqEOvKDo?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgUYqEOvKDo?fs ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>