My Channel

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
andysleigh
Driver
Driver

My Channel

Post by andysleigh » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:53 pm

hi all

just thought i would post my channel up for all to see.
i am always adding new videos, and am redoing the ones that are up already, adding titles etc.

http://andysleigh.blip.tv/

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Don't know if it is just me, but I've been unable to watch any of your videos right through.

I have 576K broadband, and the videos just seem to run so far then stop. Clicking the play button gets it to go a bit further. There also seems to be no progress loading indication like you get with a YouTube or Photobucket video.

I'll keep trying, as the South Downs Light Railway was one I failed to find when it was previously the Garden Railway centre railway.

andysleigh
Driver
Driver

Post by andysleigh » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:10 pm

CCairns wrote:Don't know if it is just me, but I've been unable to watch any of your videos right through.

I have 576K broadband, and the videos just seem to run so far then stop. Clicking the play button gets it to go a bit further. There also seems to be no progress loading indication like you get with a YouTube or Photobucket video.

I'll keep trying, as the South Downs Light Railway was one I failed to find when it was previously the Garden Railway centre railway.
hmm, not sure why thats happening.

there is a loading bit, its a lighter gray bit on the bar. i think the location dot on the bar normally covers the end........

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:39 pm

I guess your files must be a bit big, as I found the option to open the files in Windows Media Player, but I got about 2/3rds through one of the South Downs Light Railway videos and it stuck on the buffering download.

Anyway from what I've managed to see of your video the South Downs Light Railway looks like a great little railway, and I'll put it on my 'must visit' list should I ever get down south again. Looks like I'll be working in Aberdeen full-time again, so I'll be even further north than Glasgow!

andysleigh
Driver
Driver

Post by andysleigh » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:41 pm

CCairns wrote:I guess your files must be a bit big, as I found the option to open the files in Windows Media Player, but I got about 2/3rds through one of the South Downs Light Railway videos and it stuck on the buffering download.

Anyway from what I've managed to see of your video the South Downs Light Railway looks like a great little railway, and I'll put it on my 'must visit' list should I ever get down south again. Looks like I'll be working in Aberdeen full-time again, so I'll be even further north than Glasgow!
if you mean the south downs with the music and titles at the beginning, then thats still converting to flash file on blip. its taking its time

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Great channel Andy!

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:59 pm

Yeah, those vids are great :D . I really like the long one of the south downs railway.

A couple of questions. Where is that railway, and when is it open?
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.

andysleigh
Driver
Driver

Post by andysleigh » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:03 pm

Matt wrote:Yeah, those vids are great :D .  I really like the long one of the south downs railway.

A couple of questions.  Where is that railway, and when is it open?
www.sdlrs.com

the answer to all your questions

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:11 pm

Thanks andysleigh. I think one of my uncles lives near there. If I vist him sometime soon, I might come a have a ride.

andysleigh
Driver
Driver

Post by andysleigh » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Matt wrote:Thanks andysleigh.  I think one of my uncles lives near there.  If I vist him sometime soon, I might come a have a ride.
good good, see you then if come along one day.

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:19 pm

Yeah, I hope so to. My family own a large caravan, and during the summer, we oftern go on holiday to various parts of the UK (or the french alps as was the case last summer :D ). For a while now, I've been trying to presaude my parents for us to go to the south-west, so I can visit the narrow gauge and miniture gauge railways down there. They're slowly begining to like the idea :D .

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:17 am

Matt wrote:Yeah, I hope so to.  My family own a large caravan, and during the summer, we oftern go on holiday to various parts of the UK (or the french alps as was the case last summer :D ).  For a while now, I've been trying to presaude my parents for us to go to the south-west, so I can visit the narrow gauge and miniture gauge railways down there.  They're slowly begining to like the idea :D .
Well, if you are ever in Cornwall, let me know ;)