end of Edrig!

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:12 pm

I've decided I'm definitely going for the Edrig chassis (have one on order with Track Shack but was going to upgrade to a Lawley) and do something with it now. Deciding factor being an 0-4-0 will just about cope with LGB R1 points, an 0-6-0 wont...
Matt

"The Ancient Greeks called it Pandora's box- but what they actually meant was Baldrick's Trousers"

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Endless, Nameless wrote:Another variation...
I like! :) Going for a bigger superstructre with cab helps to disguise her overscaleness, IMHO.

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:19 pm

That was my theory...
Matt

"The Ancient Greeks called it Pandora's box- but what they actually meant was Baldrick's Trousers"

Hancockshire
Driver
Driver

Post by Hancockshire » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:39 pm

Endless, Nameless wrote:Image
It has a strong resemblance to Dougal on the W&LLR, You could get an Edrig power unit, Build a prototype & make plans on the internet

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:02 pm

It was based on Dougal (before it's most recent rebuild with square front tanks, which actually looks better, and would be easier to make IMHO*) but with a cab to hide the overscale nature of the beast- my main issue with Edrig is that the loco looks far too big to be open cabbed.

By this time next week I should have an Edrig running chassis having ordered one from John at TrackShack a while back (that reminds me, I must pay him tomorrow) as they have finally been delivered. I will eventually be building something on it as time and, mostly, funds permit. Unfortunately I'm facing a rather large bill for dragging my aged motorbike kicking and screaming through an MOT (she's 30 this year and feeling her age...) so plans may be on hold until I've earned some more money over Christmas- oh, the joys of a student budget.

Anything I do come up with will be published on here but I wouldn't hold your breath for plans- I'm very much a "back of a fag packet" kind of planner... Trial and (mostly) error being the norm.
Matt

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:55 pm

I've "painted" the wing tank too.

An Edrig (not a chassis, but an actual Edrig- suffice to say John at trackshack is an incredibly nice bloke, and I'm a lucky dear) will be arriving shortly, so I'll stop cluttering up the reviews section and start cluttering the projects one instead. The wing tank is the most likely project, mostly 'cos it'll be easier and I can use more of the original Edrig body.
Matt

DLRdan
Driver
Driver

Post by DLRdan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:01 pm

I've just been on track shack and you can also have Ragleth in blue and black :D
Dan,

James: "Dan, can you use your hearing and tell me if that trains coming ?"
DLR
www.freewebs.com/dlrail

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:13 pm

DLRdan wrote:I've just been on track shack and you can also have Ragleth in blue and black :D
I'm amazed it's taken so long for someone on here to point that out- it's been like it for ages! There was a discussion on the G scale mad forum as to what additional colours should be availiable and that's what came of it.
Matt

ptlrcecil
Driver
Driver

Post by ptlrcecil » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:21 am

Like the wing tank.
http://www.freewebs.com/pinetreelightrailway/index.

Cecil your engines on Fire!

Its a Mamod it does that.

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Making a saddle tank now, watch this space... Getting the bits and bobs together, anyone know where I can get a chimney base (or complete chimney) suitable for plonking on top of a saddle tank?
Matt

andysleigh
Driver
Driver

Post by andysleigh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:38 pm

Endless, Nameless wrote:Making a saddle tank now, watch this space... Getting the bits and bobs together, anyone know where I can get a chimney base (or complete chimney) suitable for plonking on top of a saddle tank?
line side delights used to do one.
:(

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Might be worth a call, see if they have any left- I have purchased items from them before so I'm in with a chance.

I'm not going to attempt to "paintchop" this one- if you want a hint google "Bagnall JT Daly" (or Hawarden, similar class) and pay close attention to the smokebox...
Matt

ptlrcecil
Driver
Driver

Post by ptlrcecil » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Just chop the normal chimney down and reprofile the base to suit.
http://www.freewebs.com/pinetreelightrailway/index.

Cecil your engines on Fire!

Its a Mamod it does that.

Endless, Nameless
Driver
Driver

Post by Endless, Nameless » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:57 pm

That's the backup plan- I'm not sure there's enough material in it to reprofile it- I've got a girt big bit of copper tube which is making the saddle tank, it's going to be a bit bigger (diameter) than Mortimer's.
Matt