Accucraft W&L and IoM coaches

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
MTA

Accucraft W&L and IoM coaches

Post by MTA » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:43 pm

I unpacked a couple of the new W&L coaches in the shop the other day, and boy they are impressive pieces of kits.

They are quite weighty, but not weighty enough to cause locos problems in pulling them. Although I would suggest hauling no more than two (which, I think, is the prototypical length of a W&L passenger train anyway) at a time.

They ride well, and the detail is very good. Right down to the verandah connections which actually fold up and down!

They aren't as delicate as I first envisaged, the only bit you have to watch out for is the underframe rodding.

They are certainly well worth the money, but I'm saving up for a set of L&B coaches when they are released as well as a Lyn so unfortunately one won't be added to my collection just yet.

Also, some technical details and a picture has appeared on the Back 2 Bay 6 website of the announced IoM bogie coaches:

http://www.back2bay6.net/80415/info.php?p=6

http://www.back2bay6.net/image.php?imag ... ption=-NaN

Again, it looks set to be another great addition to the Accucraft range!

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Argh...beautiful models, but even though they're excellent value I still can't afford them. Mind you, I can spot one flaw with the IoM bogie coaches: there's supossed to be a sag in the middle of each of the individual bodies... :P

laalratty
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by laalratty » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:24 pm

I do envy you ever so slightly working in a model shop Si :roll:
The manager of the Silverdale light Railway (north) told me he is intending on getting an IOM bogie coach to go with his 2 four wheelers, and it does look good, although I agree with Murray about the sag... :lol:
"What the hell is that?"
"It's a model icebreaker sir."
"It's a bit big isn't it?"
"It's a full scale model sir....."

MTA

Post by MTA » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:08 pm

laalratty wrote:I do envy you ever so slightly working in a model shop Si :roll:
It does get annoying when new things like this come in and your wallet starts twitching, other than that life is good :lol:

The sag's not a big deal, if you are a pyromaniac!

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:36 pm

I paid a visit to GRS today, and they had a couple of the coaches on display with a "Countess"; they look even better in the flesh (or metal/plastic, to be pedantic). Oh, for a few thousand pounds to spare...mind you, she was sitting unprotected on the counter and all the staff were in the back room when I arrived...but sadly, I'm too honest for my own good! :lol:

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 pm

I am building a WLLR ish carriage
designed it all and started and then accucraft bring the damn thing out! Never mind- mine will be more than 100 pounds cheaper, smaller so it actually fits on my railway and individual!
The railway which people forgot
(to build)