PDF CLOSING

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
FWLR
Driver
Driver

PDF CLOSING

Post by FWLR » Fri May 03, 2024 1:55 pm

Read this morning from Leanne Farley, that she is having to close the business, which is a real shame. They produced some fabulous models and they are going to be sorely missed. I for one have had loads of help from Peter and those that took over when he passed.

There maybe someone who is willing to take it over I believe.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: PDF CLOSING

Post by Peter Butler » Fri May 03, 2024 2:46 pm

It is a real shame to lose PDF as they produced some fine kits, which I'm pleased to have added some to my collection and hoped to buy more. Unfortunately, although Leanne struggled on with the support of Peter's father, she was unable to offer complete kits in recent months and the end was inevitable.
I do hope someone is able to continue to produce PDF designs as they contributed to a growing market of basic kits at sensible prices.
I wish Leanne some good luck for her future as she has had to make a difficult decision following the loss of Peter.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: PDF CLOSING

Post by ge_rik » Fri May 03, 2024 5:23 pm

I echo Peter's comment. The models produced by PDF were innovative and beautifully engineered. I do hope someone with the right expertise, experience and motivation takes it over. Not just for Leanne's sake but also for the hobby in general

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube