Cheapo diesel sound card

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cheapo diesel sound card

Post by -steves- » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:02 am

FWLR wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:39 am Thanks for your replies guys. I wasn't having ago at anyone in the thread and like I said I did find it interesting reading,
It's OK Rod, I don't think anyone thought you was "having a go" at anyone. Electrics can be baffling that is for sure, electronics even more so, even for me. I was just saying this particular sound card is the easiest, simple fit that I have seen, especially to a standard servo type receiver where it just plugs in on a Y lead.

A Y lead is just a splitter like this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Geieold-Futaba ... hdGY&psc=1
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

Trevor Thompson
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Trevor Thompson » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:00 pm

I have added a link to a video on the "Railway in the Valley of the Mill" thread showing the loco I have added one of these sound cards to.

Trevor

philipy

Post by philipy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:57 am

FWLR wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:39 am
I am looking forward to Philip making the video for us all to see how the sound is in his loco
Your wish is my command, Rod! :lol:

The video is over on my Gmeinder loco build thread.
I did actually get it finished last weekend as I had hoped, and did a short video, but then discovered I had made a serious boo-boo! For inexplicable reasons, I made the 4 handrails 48mm long instead of 32mm long. I knew it looked wrong but it was only when I was comparing the video with the photo's that I realsied why. :oops:
So I had to remove them from the loco, try to fill the holes and remake and repaint the handrails and refit them. By which time it has started raining again! :evil:
Philip

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:34 am

philipy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:57 am
FWLR wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:39 am
I am looking forward to Philip making the video for us all to see how the sound is in his loco
Your wish is my command, Rod! :lol:

The video is over on my Gmeinder loco build thread....

For inexplicable reasons, I made the 4 handrails 48mm long instead of 32mm long. I knew it looked wrong but it was only when I was comparing the video with the photo's that I realsied why. :oops:

By which time it has started raining again! :evil:
The video is over on my Gmeinder loco build thread....

Will go and have a look at it Philip... :thumbright:

For inexplicable reasons, I made the 4 handrails 48mm long instead of 32mm long. I knew it looked wrong but :oops:

Happens to me a lot Philip.... :lol :lol

By which time it has started raining again! :evil:

Will it ever stop....And we can get back to this.. :sunny:... Then again we will probably complain about it being to hot.. :lol