After my recent 70th birthday I was asked what I would like for it. I did say joking that I would like a few of Jerry Irwin's kits, but after looking on his site I thought that it may be too much for them to buy for me, the do take some time for Jerry to make his kits and because I asked for about 8 kits cheekily,
So after I was given some money from my grandson's I decided to get a kit off Jerry. And so I ordered a Victoria 2 compartment coach.
It came about 3 weeks later, Jerry was in the progress of moving, so I wasn't bothered too much how long it was in arriving. After Peter Butler's build's with Jerry kits, it is a problem for me how long it takes.
This is what arrived.
Don't worry about how many parts there are, after watching the excellent video on how to build the kit, it fairly straight forward. Point: ( There are no build instructions ) and I could see why. Jerry kits are very well made and the parts are easy enough to put together, they are all numbered.
The centre bulkhead of the kit, with the underneath seat's supports fitted.
Has you can see, I have painted them first.
It is important to get the supports at 90deg's, so I used these modellers 90deg thingey-bobs, I have forgotten what they are called
Then it was the two ends next.
The part that say's 'Do not glue' is used to keep the two ends at 90deg's and is important for when you put the sides on.
The coach with both sides.
Has you can see I have painted the inside and put the seats in. I forgot to take a photo of just the seats fitted, sorry. Also the elastic band is helping to hold the top lugs in place. There is a number of lugs, (10) and one in the middle centre. You only glue the bottom 6 first and then wait a few minutes for the superglue to harden a bit more before doing the other 5. There is some more glueing, but you will see that on Jerry's video.
More to come, but first I am going to paint the outside of the coach with FWLR colours before putting the overlays on.

