My Non Steam Locos No.3 - Unknown Maker

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

My Non Steam Locos No.3 - Unknown Maker

Post by Chris Cairns » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Have not managed to find my No.1 buried in my wardrobe so far , so here is my No.3 Non Steam Loco, which is this unidentified Diesel.

It was bought as a collection of bits when I was building up my Garden Railway stock, but with the arrival of so many Mamod locos, it has been sidelined to cold storage at present.

It has one 'Hercules' nameplate, and the makers plate has been worn down. Drive is a simple nylon gear to the rear axle with the motor being mounted vertically. This will probably be changed for something stronger, with a chain drive to the front axle as well, and I will probably fit R/C as well. It originally had one centre coupling fitted but this was removed and 2 multi height couplings fitted instead. Although I've stripped a lot of the paint off, I do like the look of the metallic blue it has been painted with.

Thanks for looking.

Chris Cairns.

(edited to correct image link)
Last edited by Chris Cairns on Wed May 23, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:31 pm

wow, that will make a nice little diesel afterwards!

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:28 pm

that should look great Chris when its finnished

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:03 pm

That is certainly going to be a good looker, perhaps a little detailing on the frames would help :) !