Loading bank
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8017
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Loading bank
Just tidying up the loading bank at Bulkeley station, intended to be used by the local soft fruit growers for loading their produce into vans. Cast in concrete and then titivated with some foamboard slabs and a touch of paint and cement dyes. I need to tone down the paint on the slabs - it's a bit too garish at present.
Rik
Rik
- Peter Butler
- Driver

- Posts: 5723
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
- Location: West Wales
Re: Loading bank
Not sure I have seen that before but it certainly looks the part. I'm sure the colours will tone down eventually but it may be possible to hurry the process.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8017
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Loading bank
Only just made it, Peter. Sorry, my message was abiguous. One of those jobs which has been on the todo list for years.Peter Butler wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:50 pm Not sure I have seen that before but it certainly looks the part. I'm sure the colours will tone down eventually but it may be possible to hurry the process.
Rik
- IanC
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 799
- Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:15 am
- Location: Nr. Warrington, Cheshire
Re: Loading bank
Nice job. It will no doubt tone down in future, but there probably are ways to accelerate the process.
Ian
Ian
Ian
-
Big Jim
Re: Loading bank
I may be barking up the wrong tree here (woof, woof).
Don't people paint yogurt on stone in an attempt to age it and get some lichens growing?
I don't really hold with yogurt myself, it seems to be just cheese that hasn't tried hard enough.
Don't people paint yogurt on stone in an attempt to age it and get some lichens growing?
I don't really hold with yogurt myself, it seems to be just cheese that hasn't tried hard enough.
- philipy
- Moderator

- Posts: 6062
- Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm
- Location: South Northants
Re: Loading bank
Yes, it does help Jim, also with moss growth on track/ballast. I don't hold with it myself either, but SWMBO does. Buys multi-packs and sometimes doesn't get through before they go out of date...!Big Jim wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:33 pm
Don't people paint yogurt on stone in an attempt to age it and get some lichens growing?
I don't really hold with yogurt myself, it seems to be just cheese that hasn't tried hard enough.
Philip
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8017
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Loading bank
Thanks for the dairy related suggestions. I don't generally have problems cultivating moss, though in this weather, a lot of it has died. No doubt, now the kids have broken up for the summer, the weather will take a turn for the worse and my moss and MYOB will burgeon.
Rik
Rik
- FWLR
- Driver

- Posts: 4588
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:45 am
- Location: Preston, Lancashire, UK
Re: Loading bank
Brilliant Loading Bank Rikβ¦Yogurt does work on anything.
ROD
Life is so easy when I run my trains.










https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
Life is so easy when I run my trains.
https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
- tom_tom_go
- Driver

- Posts: 4824
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: Loading bank
Maybe the station master is house proud and likes to paint the slabs (colour justified) 
-
bazzer42
Re: Loading bank
I LIKE that and see your need for fruit crates. Did busted bricks do some. Have I still got some you can have? Will check.
You could use peach yogurt and strawberry yogurt and reverse the colours! I think it will look fine when weathered down.
You could use peach yogurt and strawberry yogurt and reverse the colours! I think it will look fine when weathered down.
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8017
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8017
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Loading bank
I wonder if I can find a figure on his/her knees with a scrubbing brush in hand?tom_tom_go wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:22 pm Maybe the station master is house proud and likes to paint the slabs (colour justified)![]()
Rik
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8017
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Loading bank
Now blogged the build for anyone who might be interested ....
http://riksrailway.blogspot.com/2018/07 ... crete.html
Rik
http://riksrailway.blogspot.com/2018/07 ... crete.html
Rik
- FWLR
- Driver

- Posts: 4588
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:45 am
- Location: Preston, Lancashire, UK
Re: Loading bank
Another brilliant blog Rik.
Thank you
Thank you
ROD
Life is so easy when I run my trains.










https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
Life is so easy when I run my trains.
https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
https://www.youtube.com/@fairywoodlightrailway
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8017
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Loading bank
Well, the postman brought me a nice little present this morning, ......
I've only made up four so far (now run out of fruit to fill them).
Many thanks, Derek. They are perfect!!
Rik
Many thanks, Derek. They are perfect!!
Rik
- tom_tom_go
- Driver

- Posts: 4824
- Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: Loading bank
That's a good looking wagon there Rik, is it a 45mm kit bash from LGB, etc?
- ge_rik
- Administrator

- Posts: 8017
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 pm
- Location: Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Loading bank
Yes, Tom. The former LGB US box cartom_tom_go wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:13 pm That's a good looking wagon there Rik, is it a 45mm kit bash from LGB, etc?
https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 39&t=11946
Rik
- Peter Butler
- Driver

- Posts: 5723
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm
- Location: West Wales
Re: Loading bank
Those crates tell the story.... so simple but complete the picture.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?
- SimonWood
- Trainee Driver

- Posts: 811
- Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:46 pm
- Location: West Wales
- Contact:
Re: Loading bank
Terrific photo - what a great little scene, all that work has come together beautifully!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests