Accucraft IOM Mannin. Do you own one? Then read this!

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Accucraft IOM Mannin. Do you own one? Then read this!

Post by -steves- » Tue May 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Do you have or know anyone that has an Accucraft IOM Mannin? If so, please read this! It's important.

Has it not run quite right from day one? Does it blow off steam at random times? Does it just lack any performance or reliability?

Although I have owned my Accucraft Mannin for a good while now from new, it just never seemed to run right and seemed to vent steam at random times. I went back to track Shack eventually and they sent me new safety valves to correct the issue. I ran it a couple of times after that and it was no better. I was feeling somewhat gutted. I went back to Track Shack over a year after I purchased it and explained my situation, here is the reply.

"At the time your loco was manufactured it transpires that a bad batch of safety valves were made and it is probable the new safety valve you were sent was from that bad batch.

Today we will post you two new safety valves that are from a proven good batch and also two new sealing washers, free of charge.

We fully expect these new safety valves will resolve all your issues with this loco. One bit of personal advice Neil has asked I pass on to you is to ensure you don't have the boiler too full of water when you steam your loco. If the water level is too high, this will carry up into the safety valves. Please refer to the instructions to ensure you have the correct water level when preparing your loco.

Please be assured we will fully support you until you get settled in and can enjoy many hours of happy steaming."

Well I got the new safety valves and it now runs like a dream, absolutely perfect. So if you have the same problem with yours, its worth dropping them a message. Big up to Track Shack who were extremely helpful, friendly and professional even once a warranty had officially expired. You just don't always get that kind of customer service these days that you actually feel like writing home about, and sometimes you do and it feels very good :)
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

Big Jim

Re: Accucraft IOM Mannin. Do you own one? Then read this!

Post by Big Jim » Wed May 31, 2017 8:46 am

It is always nice to get good service from a company.
And very nice when it is past warranty time.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!