16mm Association/Narrow gauge Rly Soc.

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
Big Jim

16mm Association/Narrow gauge Rly Soc.

Post by Big Jim » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:14 am

Has anyone else taken up the offer of a reduced price membership of the NGRS?

My welcome pack arrived the other day followed by a bundle of mags and publications. I took a few hours out from real life and had a nice cosy evening with a pot of tea and had a good read.

I can highly recommend joining as the magazines make a great read, some of it is a bit like a spotters report but it is interesting to see what is happening in the world of NG and miniature railways.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

maxi-model
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by maxi-model » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:45 pm

I did. Very prompt response. Done via Paypal. Would make same observations about mags. Will give it a year to see how it pans out.
Not quite sure I'm that much into NG though for this to be a long term commitment. Max.

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:55 am

Our 16mm NGM Group had already discussed membership of the NGRS with the upcoming facsimile reprint of the 92-page Robert Hudson catalogue for 1915, so the £10 discount was enough for me to click Pay Now.

My house is literally bursting at the seams with far too many books & magazines so it is unlikely I will renew my membership next year.

Chris Cairns

Superbiker_uk
Fireman
Fireman

Re: 16mm Association/Narrow gauge Rly Soc.

Post by Superbiker_uk » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Big Jim:116756 wrote:Has anyone else taken up the offer of a reduced price membership of the NGRS?

My welcome pack arrived the other day followed by a bundle of mags and publications. I took a few hours out from real life and had a nice cosy evening with a pot of tea and had a good read.

I can highly recommend joining as the magazines make a great read, some of it is a bit like a spotters report but it is interesting to see what is happening in the world of NG and miniature railways.
I joined up on the basis of seeing this thread - thanks Big Jim - and tracking down the link on the Association web site.

I am really pleased with the magazines and publications and have read a number of them already. Thanks for posting about this.