railbus

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
janespotter
New User
New User

railbus

Post by janespotter » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:35 pm

Not sure if it should go here or under roling stock, but I think the new swift Sixteen railbus kit is really neat!
Click to see full size image

Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Dr. Bond of the DVLR » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Although the prototype is way out of my normal modelling range I've been really taken by the quality of this kit. I am putting out a tentative feeler for weather anyone wants the kit built for them as whilst I'd love to build the kit I don't particularly want the rail car on my railway or have the money to splash out on one.
The railway which people forgot
(to build)

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:50 pm

Mr. Bond of the DVLR:110160 wrote:Although the prototype is way out of my normal modelling range I've been really taken by the quality of this kit. I am putting out a tentative feeler for weather anyone wants the kit built for them as whilst I'd love to build the kit I don't particularly want the rail car on my railway or have the money to splash out on one.
Sadly, I´m already hard at work. Railcar and trailer, as I couldn´t resist the look that they would have together. With a little luck, I should be able to get lighting in, too.
Last edited by kandnwlr on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Lighting will be a doddle - PM me if you need advice!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:16 pm

kandnwlr:110161 wrote:Sadly, I already hard at work. Railcar and trailer, as I couldn´t resist the look that they would have together. With a little luck, I should be able to get lighting in, too.
My plan is also for a railcar and trailer but the online instructions don't seem to have any text. Are the words available elswhere?
By the way don't hold your breath for any photos as I haven't ordered them and I haven't started my tin turtle yet. :shock:
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Having seen Robs development model throughout the stages, it looks magnificent! It has the same speed and power as his Simplex (which pulled 8 bogie carriages at speed)!
Once again a masterpiece, it's simple to put together as well (as is expected) so you can easily get it up and running quickly😃

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Swift Sixteen's stand was one of those that was always very busy when I kept revisiting (that's after I found it as it was not opposite the 'Rhydypenderyn' layout as per the Show Guide, and was hidden behind the catering outlet whilst looking from that layout - my base for the day).

So I only had the chance of a very brief look at this Railcar model but it looks like yet another very sharp & detailed casting from Rob.

Look forward to seeing those being built by the Forum members in due course.

Chris Cairns

kandnwlr
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by kandnwlr » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Chris Cairns:110190 wrote:Swift Sixteen's stand was one of those that was always very busy when I kept revisiting (that's after I found it as it was not opposite the 'Rhydypenderyn' layout as per the Show Guide, and was hidden behind the catering outlet whilst looking from that layout - my base for the day).

So I only had the chance of a very brief look at this Railcar model but it looks like yet another very sharp & detailed casting from Rob.

Look forward to seeing those being built by the Forum members in due course.

Chris Cairns
Will do!

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:14 pm

andymctractor:110175 wrote:My plan is also for a railcar and trailer but the online instructions don't seem to have any text.  
Full instructions are now on the website and very full and detailed they are to.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)